The Importance of Brake System Maintenance
Regular maintenance of the brake system is crucial for the safety of the driver, your truck’s load, passengers (if applicable), and other road users. The brake system is responsible for stopping the vehicle and avoiding accidents, and neglecting its maintenance can lead to brake failure. A poorly maintained brake system can also lead to uneven wear and tear of the brake pads and rotors, resulting in costly repairs.
Signs of Brake System Problems
It is important to keep an eye out for signs of brake system problems to avoid further damage and costly repairs. Here are some common signs of brake system problems:
- Squeaking or Grinding Noise: A squeaking or grinding noise when applying the brakes indicates worn-out brake pads or rotors. The noises are caused by the metal-on-metal contact between the rotors and the wheel.
- Vibration or Pulsation: A vibration or pulsation felt in the brake pedal or steering wheel when applying the brakes can indicate warped rotors.
- Soft or Spongy Brake Pedal: A soft or spongy brake pedal can indicate worn brake pads (the more worn they are, the farther you have to press on the pedal for things to connect), a problem with the compressed air system (whether it’s a leak or an issue retaining air), or a problem with the brake master cylinder.
- Warning Light: One of the first and most visible signs of trouble, a warning light on the dashboard can indicate a problem with the brake system.
If any of these signs are present, it is important to have the brake system of your diesel truck or fleet vehicle inspected by a qualified repair shop like Redmond Fleet.
Brake System Repair Services in southern New Hampshire
Redmond Fleet offers a range of brake system repair services for diesel trucks. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in repairing and maintaining all types of brake systems, including air brakes, hydraulic brakes, and electric brakes.
Some of our brake system repair services include
- Brake Pad and Shoe Replacement: Worn-out brake pads and shoes are replaced with high-quality, OEM-approved parts to ensure reliable performance.
- Rotor and Drum or Replacement: Warped or worn-out rotors and drums are replaced, depending on the extent of the damage.
- Caliper Replacement: Faulty calipers are replaced to ensure that the brake system functions properly.
- Air Line Repair or Replacement: Leaking or damaged air lines are repaired or replaced to prevent the loss of the pressurized air your truck or fleet vehicle’s brakes rely on and ensure that the brakes work properly.
- Slack Adjuster Repair or Replacement:
- S-CAM Replacement:
Preventive Maintenance Services
Preventive maintenance is critical to ensure that the brake system remains in good condition and that potential problems are caught before they become major issues. Redmond Fleet offers a range of preventive maintenance services for diesel trucks, including
- Brake System Inspection: A thorough inspection of the brake system is performed to identify any potential problems. This includes both the air and mechanical sub-systems of the overall brake system.
- Brake Pad and Rotor Inspection: The brake pads and rotors are inspected for wear and damage.
- Air Line Inspection: Our mechanics will inspect the air lines, air compressors, and air tanks for any leaks.
- Drum Assembly Inspection and Repair: We’ll thoroughly inspect the brake system’s entire drum assembly and replace or repair any faulty parts as needed.
At Redmond Fleet, the team is committed to providing high-quality brake system repair and maintenance services for diesel trucks. Our experienced and qualified technicians use state-of-the-art equipment and OEM-approved parts to ensure reliable performance and maximum safety. To schedule an appointment for brake system repair or maintenance services, contact Redmond Fleet today.